Monday 21 September 2009

Healthy eating and weight loss

I have made it at last! I went on a diet last March to lose three stone and get myself into reasonable shape again. It has taken this long but I have got there!

It was amazing just how bad my diet was before. Working twelve hour shifts I got into a lazy habit of eating out after work every night. You name it: Fish and Chips, KFC, Chinese..., all fine in moderation but not every night of the week!

There have been some great side benefits, apart from the obvious health implications. My confidence has grown considerably. I have also received a lot more attention from women when I am out and about. It will only be a matter of time before something clicks here!

I think I am also happier than I was. Before, I used food to make myself feel better when I was emotionally down. This comfort eating I didn't really identify until I stopped it. When I struggle with issues now, the thing to do is to put on some music (Malcolm Middleton, Pearl Jam, Sophia, Metallica etc...,) and write the issues out.

There is no going back. I can't imagination gaining that type of weight again. There are just too many positives now that I don't want to lose!

1 comment:

  1. keep it going; i relate to your food issues;
    also good luck with finding a companion; maybe
    its not about finding and more about living and
    creating. i am jeff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete